The conference will be taking place in the Bute Building of Cardiff University. The address of the building is:
School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
King Edward VII Ave,
We are located at the south western side of the University campus (we are at number 45 on this map), within walking distance of the City Centre. The School is easily reachable by rail, road, bus or air.
The Cardiff-London InterCity service, from London Paddington, runs approximately every half an hour. The journey takes just over 2 hours. The Cardiff Central Station also has frequent regional & inter-city trains connecting with:
• Bristol Temple Meads (50mins, trains approximately every 30mins)
• Birmingham New Street (2hrs, trains approximately every 20 to 30mins)
• London Paddington (2hrs, trains approximately every 30mins)
• Southampton Central (2hrs 40mins, trains approximately every 30 to 35mins)
• Manchester Piccadilly (3hrs 20mins, trains approximately every 20 to 35mins)
• Liverpool Central (3hrs 45mins, trains approximately every 25 to 35mins)
For information on train times and availability and journey prices, visit National Rail Enquiries.
Cardiff is served by the M4 and is easily accessible from all parts of Britain.
• From the south west, take the M5 and from the south of England, follow major A roads to the M4.
• From Scotland, the north of England and the Midlands, travel via the M50 to the M4.
• Travelling east on the M4. Leave the motorway at Junction 32, follow the A470, signposted City Centre, into the Cathays area of the city.
• Travelling west on the M4. Leave the motorway at Junction 29, follow the A48(M)/A48, signposted Cardiff East and South, to the A470. Follow the A470, signposted City Centre, into the Cathays area of the city.
For sat-nav users our postcode is CF10 3NB.
There are several public car parks located close to the building, all of which are marked on this map. There is also pay and display car parking available on Park Place and within the civic centre (along College Road, City Hall Road, King Edward VII Avenue and Museum Avenue). Payment is by coin or debit/credit card and costs £5.20 for all day. Parking in the North Road car park is £5.20 per day. (Charges for city centre multi-storey car parks vary considerably, up to £12 per day.)
Cardiff (Wales) International Airport is 11 miles from the city centre and connects Cardiff to many European cities and has an increasing number of international flights.
Frequently buses & trains connect the airport with the city centre – the train goes direct to Cathays station, a 5 minute walk from the School (see map).
Get directions to the Bute Building in one click from the below airports:
Accessibility information about the building can be found here.